Wednesday, January 12, 2011

December 14, 2010

OLD
Emotion: Depressed.
Today my mom confronted me about this blog and a post that was pretty depressing. A piece called "Fragile and Frail" it was something I wrote in creative writing for a This is how I remember it paper. My paper was about a fight my mom and I had and how it sent me back into depression I've been fighting my whole life. How that night I gave into my depression and how an hour or so after the argument I had found slits on my left wrist for proof. I guess I never really thought she would find my blog because I never really told anyone but my Gram and Ricky. I knew my Gram would never tell because she is my trusty. So my mom is worried now because I went into relapse and cut after four years of "remission." I hope she doesn't ever try to talk to me about it. I know I will just start crying and feel guilty. I'm tired of crying and acting like a pathetic child. I got sent to the counselors office today and I freaked out because I thought my mom called and told someone. I Wonder if parents ever become less nosy? I doubt it, at least with my parents. I wonder if I went to counseling if they would re diagnose me with a stronger depression since I've taken more action now a days then I did back in Middle school.
I wonder how many people would freak out because i'm still suicidal. The middle school had a fit when they found out because I'm really good at hiding it, i'm such a fake. Depression is such an odd emotion, I wonder what the direct definition is? Is it a mixture of sadness to the point of death? Does suicidal even fit in that topic?


Depression: An illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts, that affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one feels about oneself, and the way one thinks about things. A depressive disorder is not the same as a passing blue mood. It is not a sign of personal weakness or a condition that can be wished away. People with a depressive disease cannot merely "pull themselves together" and get better. Without treatment, symptoms can last for weeks, months, or years. Appropriate treatment, however, can help most people with depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment