Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Who i know.


The kitchen is empty and the music is blaring. It's not just any song it's "Fix you" by Coldplay. The song takes me back to when my sister was diagnosed with cancer and I was proclaimed her bone marrow donor. The song talks about when you get something you want but don't need, and tears running down your face when you lose something you can't replace. A sudden thump occurs in the kitchen that was empty just minutes ago. I walk into the dining room and gaze into the kitchen to find my sister leaping, turning, and dancing. She has been choreographing a dance to this song ever since she was diagnosed. Her dancing brings out her personality and emotions in every way possible. When i watch her facial expressions and her body language as she dances i can read her.  A sudden mood fills the house when the song starts to repeat "Tears stream down your face" and ends with "Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones, and I will try to FIX YOU." I feel her smile and i realize she was dancing for me, because I fixed her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment